Our Fetlife's

TakoYaki

Posted by SweetPea at 12:17 PM
So today for lunch Dan and I got to go to a hibachi grill and steak house called Takoyaki. I hadn't been to an actually hibachi grill since I was about 5 years old and my then Japanese teacher took all his students on order to teach us about Japanese cuisine and get us to practice ordering, and our manners in Japanese. The guy who served us back then seemed less then enthusiastic to be entertaining a large group of 5 year old kids. So today I was in for quite a treat.

  The place was absolutely beautiful. The windows were adorned with imprinted Geisha glass. Even the wood was beautiful, and of course  the grill sat right in front of us. We sat right across from another couple. The wait was a little longer than I had anticipated, but we were given complementary soup and salad to go along with our mean so I wasn't complaining. I drank my soup and promptly gave my salad to Dan. Finally the cook did come in and he was quite enthusiastic. He began by making quite the show of tossing his knives and utensils into the air and catching them. He than grabbed the oil which was kept in this jar shaped as a guy with his pants pulled down. You can imagine where the oil came out of. He then proceeded to set the grill on fire.Which pacified my anemia for a moment.  He first cooked the eggs, which he flipped around the grill without cracking them for an impressive amount of time. He caught them in his hat, and in his shirt pocket.

 We watched in awe as he flipped our rice, vegetables , and meats about the grill. He even tossed a chunk of rice at me, which I was suppose to catch in my mouth, but ultimately ended up landing in my hair. Dan actually did catch his in his mouth which impressed me, and everyone else.I wish I had thought to bring a camera.  The best part about it was when the food was done it was better than any other Chinese/Japanese restaurant I had been to in all of Cleveland, and even better than Mikado's in Chattanooga. The sweet tea, which I am usually pretty picky about was great. The atmosphere was wonderful.  and for all this I expected the price to be somewhere around $35-40

Well I got the shrimp hibachi and a sweet tea, Dan got the chicken and a coke and it came out to $21 together which is pretty reasonable if you ask me. Dan also left a $8 tip So, I think we made out pretty well. All in all it was a wonderful experience for the both of us to share together. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Submissive Mind of Sweetpea © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor