Our Fetlife's

We are so very different.

Posted by SweetPea at 3:36 AM
     
Dan and I finally got to spend some time together. Yesterday was his first day off for a couple of days now. We didn't really spend it doing anything particularly special because in a couple days he will have some more time off, and we will hopefully have the funds to make one last trip to the river for the year, or perhaps go to the zoo or aquarium here in Tennessee. We did however go out Gamestop and Wendy's together. The trip to Game stop wasn't really my scene, I am that reluctant girlfriend with the up-do, in her Betty Boop pajamas and scull decorated tank top staring at her boyfriend in a disapproving fashion. Once I got over my initial annoyance of being there, I peered around the store with Dan looking at the different games he was telling me he wanted which mostly consisted of poke'mon and Zelda.

       I browsed over to the games that more interested me. "Dan do you think you would like this one?" pointing to an RPG game. I believe it was Diablo 3. He shook his head at me. " I don't really like games like world of war craft, or anything that is a computer game." I was taken a bit back because computer games are really the only thing that I play. I asked him if he liked the elder scrolls series. He shook his head. "not really." I asked him about Fable, and he proceeded to tell me it wasn't his style of game. Finally I asked if he would able play Guild of Wars 2 with me. " I don't like anything that reminds me of world of war craft." He then went on to play a demo of a Zelda game on the WiiU, leaving me there a little conflicted and trying to think of anything we actually had in common.

           It is pretty clear that we both hate each others taste in music. I am actually under the impression that Dan doesn't so much as like music as he likes having background noise, because the station in the car will frequently remain on the gospel channel. I don't know, ..maybe he really liked gospel? He has made many complaints about the types of music I listen to. He has either said he doesn't like Rap, or that my music is to slow and depressing. Even said he hated Nirvana, ...can you believe that shit? Now my music goes from Nirvana, , Soundgarden, to Taylor Swift, Beyonce, to The Notorious Big, and Mystikal. Hell, I even got like 2 country songs on my playlist, and I obviously hate country. However, we just can't seem to compromise when it comes to music. If I want to listen to music when we are in the car together, it usually consist of me using my phone and head phones and letting him have power over the radio in the car. Which works out perfectly for me because it's a very rare occasion that he lets me drive my car....when we are both in the car.

       We have very different taste in movies as well. Don't get me wrong I love Marvel as much as the next girl, but pretty much every movie we have gone out to together has been his pick. For the most part, I enjoyed most of them. We have been to see  World War Z, Pacific Rim, Guardians of the Galaxy (Which was awesome by the way.) and Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles. However, zombies and a futuristic Power Rangers really aren't my scene. To be fair though, I don't think he was too keen on seeing Maleficent with me, ..which I sadly now have to wait until November before it comes out on DVD.  I am pretty sure Natural Bork Killers and Sweeny Todd also wouldn't be his cup of tea. Why do I have to be with a man who hates Disney? *Le sob*


         Our hobbies are even different. Dan absolutely obsesses over firearms. I think in his gun safe there is at least ten guns. He has "Kindness" A 40. cal Taurus  that I bought him for a Christmas present back in 2012. "Scratch" a 12gage Mossberg that I bought him for his birthday in 2013. A Smith and Wesson MMP, A 308, My 45. Taurus Millennium, ....and a bunch of other weapons I can't readily identify by caliber.  Every chance he gets he goes and stares at them in a local gun store around here. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2nd amendment right as much as the next redneck...but, I don't really absolutely obsess over them. I mean, come on he doesn't even hunt. Whereas I would rather spend my whole day on the river swimming around in the treacherous waters, he would probably want to stay in the air conditioning. He loves dogs, I absolutely cannot stand the creatures and am content to be left alone with my snakes who don't eat my expensive shoes.

     It just really amazes me how two people can be so different, and come to care for each other. I don't know what we spend our days talking about sometimes, but I know I am happy when we are snuggled up together. Even if Cartoon Network is playing on the television and there's a Law and Order SVU Marathon that I am missing.  :)

Stay Classy Folks








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Submissive Mind of Sweetpea © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor