Our Fetlife's

School is starting!!

Posted by SweetPea at 11:50 AM
     Fall semester at my college starts on Monday and I am super excited and super nervous. This will be my 4th semester and by this time next year I will be graduating! Hooray! The reason why I am nervous is for a few of reasons. 1.) I will be doing 12 credits which is normal...but I will be taking 6 classes. For someone who works and everything this is a heavy course load. The other reason is 2.) I will be taking keyboarding again for the third semester ..I usually end up dropping it. Now I know what you are thinking "Pea, that is like the easiest class ever!"  I know and it should be, but the professor who teaches it does everything in her power to make it as complicated as possible, and since it's  web class I think she tried extra hard. 3.) Finally, because this semester I have decided to start working on my math courses and for anyone who knows me, they know I absolutely hate math, and I absolutely suck at it. Seriously if it is not basic addition, subtraction, and multiplication chances are I don't know how to do it, and you can show me it, and I might even learn it but I will forget it. I remember doing a bunch of math when I started studying for my GED and the ASVAB and learning how to add, and multiply fractions and decimals and all that jazz. Which was great..because I passed the ASVAB with a 61 and I clearly passed my GED test, but I could not tell you how to do any of that now because  I did both of those in 2012, and haven't really used that type of math since. Word to the wise no matter how much they tell you that you are going to need to know the square root of pi in math class, it's a lie!!!  

     I attended her orientation for class this morning and I tell you, usually an orientation for school is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Her's was 2 hours, if that gives you any indication. It was nice however to be back at school. I will actually be attending classes back on campus for the first time since my first semester there. So who knows maybe I will meet new people there and we will be best friends foreverest. I don't know , I am not really good at initiating or following conversations with people. I have just kind of a sit in the back of the classroom and try not to make any noise type of personality, which is weird because I was super outgoing and popular in high school. Anyway the good news about school is that if everything goes according to plan and I don't slack off and get lazy I can finish with two of my classes within about a months time and have more time to focus on my math classes, which I absolutely suck at :) Awesome sauce. 

    Dan and I also need to figure our our car arrangement schedule. We actually have 3 cars. I own a Voltswagon, and he owns a Saab that I gave him, and a Suzuki Samurai. Apparently he doesn't know whats wrong with the Saab , and the Samurai needs a new starter, and new tires. So of course he drives my car which is problematic with me returning to school and his work schedule , because when he is at work I need to be heading to the school.I would have taken online classes for the math courses if they offered it but 1.) they don't and 2.) I suck so bad at math I really need a hands on environment to begin with.  Hopefully when I get paid next month I can do something about the starter, and since he is getting oodles of overtime on this upcoming paycheck he might be able to do something about the tires. Team work people.  

I have another orientation today at 5:30 and we are trying to figure out the logistics for that now, looks like I will probably be getting dropped off uber early but I have my fingers crossed that it will be another class that I can blow right through. That means I will have  only have 3 classes that are going to be a bitch and a half this semester. Hopefully this will be my second semester on Dean's list. I am damn sure gonna strive for it. Stay awesome folks! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Submissive Mind of Sweetpea © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor